At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world. We are looking to bring on a new Accountant to help us achieve this.
Based in Melbourne, this is an exciting opportunity to have a valuable impact on the operations of a fast-growing technology start-up. As part of our team, your responsibilities will span a wide range of tasks, from the transactional accounting basics to providing creative solutions that build out the sophistication of our finance function.
What you’ll be doing
- Day to day transactional accounting duties including: accounts payable and receivable, payroll, processing expenses, bank reconciliations, month end procedures and assisting with reports / forecasts / budgets to name a few
- Always improving the way we currently do things and creating new, additional processes to elevate our finance capability
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced accountant with an experimental mindset, willing to try new ideas to get the best results. Someone who has a pragmatic approach to process as we favour people over processes and doing over documenting.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on finance experience
- CA/CPA qualified or working towards CA/CPA qualification
- You understand the importance of day to day accounting operations and like to ensure these critical processes are done right
- You have a working knowledge of tax compliance – GST, FBT, PAYG withholding, payroll tax
- You are a reliable, helpful team member who inspires confidence through an unwavering respect for accuracy and details
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with Xero is preferred, although eagerness to transfer your skills from another accounting package and learn Xero is just as good
- A proactive and ambitious approach to problem-solving
- Highly organised and efficient – a self starter who can work autonomously
- A willingness to get your hands dirty with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills – we value people who can listen and learn
Most importantly the team at Rome2rio are a collaborative bunch and we welcome people with a passion to get things done who are comfortable delivering across strategy and tactical execution with the ability and enthusiasm to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Rome2rio proudly succeeds through diversity and inclusion. We encourage all suitable candidates for this role to apply without hesitation.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry and driving to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay & Perks
Expected pay is dependent on your skills and experience. Rome2rio also offers a suite of benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role