At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Android developer who enjoys building high performance, user-friendly mobile apps. The ability to thrive independently and a “get stuff done” attitude are important to us. You must be able to dive into existing code and be productive in a team environment.
You must be willing to learn, collaborate across teams and embrace technologies above and beyond Android. Our next-generation apps are being built using Kotlin, and we make the most of modern tools like Kotlin Coroutines and Dagger.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience programming native Android apps
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in the Google Play Store
- Experience working with web APIs
- Proficiency in debugging existing mobile app code
- A passion for creating engaging and user friendly mobile apps
- Is fairly creative and has a deep understanding of the different OS design patterns and best practices
- Ability to write clean, reusable, maintainable and readable code
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Any experience with Kotlin and modern tools like Coroutines and Dagger.
- Any experience working in an Agile team environment
- Startup or product development background
You must be based in Melbourne. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. For the right person, we’re open to taking someone as Part Time.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. The company has 40 staff based in Melbourne and is growing. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Check out our company blog or visit our press page to find out what we are busy building.
Pay and perks
Expected pay is commensurate with your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and easy access to nearby restaurants, cafes, bars and the train station.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role