At Rome2rio, we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With over 20 million unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We are currently looking to grow our Customer Support team within Europe and as such we are looking for a Customer Service Specialist based in France to join our global Rome2rio Customer Support team. This role will involve monitoring and responding to queries from our users about the Rome2rio product, general feedback emails and travel booking enquiries.
To be successful, you must be a natural self-starter who enjoys providing quality customer care and thrives on getting the best results. It’s essential you have great attention to detail and are comfortable working proactively and independently.
Here’s a brief overview:
- Monitor the Rome2rio inbox from your device (mobile/tablet/laptop/desktop) between the agreed hours for 3 days a week (shifts will usually be scheduled between the hours of 8am-6pm CET).
- The number of user queries received will vary, you can expect to respond to around 15 queries per shift on average.
- Respond to user queries with a friendly and professional manner as soon as reasonably possible.
- Proactively research user queries when necessary. This may involve online research and/or following up with our major booking partners.
- Collate and organise user feedback and, if necessary, escalate to our head office in Melbourne, Australia.
- Occasionally assist with translations of site content and/or email content.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and responsibilities from time to time, such as updating help articles and other improvement initiatives.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re a great communicator and must be completely fluent in spoken and written English and French.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar customer service role.
- Pre-existing experience and knowledge of train travel is ideal.
- Tech savvy, must be familiar with Gmail / Google Docs / Sheets / Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Previous experience with a CRM tool (such as Freshdesk or Zendesk) is favourable, but not essential.
- Must have access to an active Skype account.
- Reliable technology – must have at least one of the following: tablet/laptop/desktop with internet access.
- Travel experience and knowledge will be regarded favourably.
- Freedom to choose where you work throughout the day (responding to emails from your phone/tablet/laptop).
- Support of your fellow Customer Support Specialists for feedback and questions.
- The opportunity to be a part of a highly regarded and fast-growing company.
Note, this role is suitable for a candidate with family responsibilities, or small business operators looking for additional work.
To apply, simply send your CV (in English) to email@example.com and introduce yourself. It would be great if you can provide some background information about yourself, where you live, and why you’re interested in the role.