At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With 10 million unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
Like what we’re doing?
We are currently growing our direct online booking capability within Europe and North America and as such we are are looking for a Customer Service Specialist based in France, Spain, Italy or Germany to join our global Rome2rio customer support team. This role will involve monitoring and responding to customer queries about online booking, use of Rome2rio product and general feedback emails.
To be successful, you must be a natural self-starter who enjoys providing quality customer care and thrives on getting the best results. It’s essential you have great attention to detail and are comfortable working pro-actively and independently.
Here’s a brief overview:
- Monitor Rome2rio inbox from your device (mobile/tablet/laptop/desktop) between the agreed hours (typically 7am-2pm local time in France, Italy, Spain and Germany) for 5 to 7 days a week.
- Respond to customer emails with a friendly and professional manner as soon as reasonably possible.
- Use Rome2rio tools and systems to check customer booking details, advise on cancellation fees, and process refunds as appropriate.
- Proactively research customer queries when necessary. This may involve online research and/or calling transport operators for more advice.
- Resolve customer complaints and, if necessary, escalate to our head office in Melbourne, Australia for an overnight response.
- Occasionally assist with translations of site content and/or email content.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re a great communicator and must be completely fluent in spoken and written English and another European language (such as Spanish, Italian, German, French and Portuguese).
- Ideally, you will have previous experience in a similar customer service role.
- Pre-existing experience and knowledge of train travel is ideal.
- Tech savvy, must be familiar with Gmail / Google Docs / Sheets / Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Previous experience with a CRM tool (such as Freshdesk or Zendesk) is favourable, but not essential.
- Must have access to an active Skype account.
- Reliable technology – must have at least one of the following: tablet/laptop/desktop with internet access.
- Travel experience and knowledge will be regarded favourably.
- Employment will be on a casual basis (contract) with a daily rate paid monthly into your PayPal account
- Freedom to choose where you work (responding to emails from your phone/tablet/laptop)
- Dedicated training on our processes, systems and product
- Support team available for any feedback and questions
- The opportunity to be a part of a high performing global customer support team in a highly regarded travel company
Note, this role is suitable for a candidate with family responsibilities, or small business operators looking for additional work.
To apply, simply email your CV to email@example.com and introduce yourself. It would be great if you can provide some background information about yourself, where you live, and why you’re interested in the role.