At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Science team in Melbourne. We have a range of challenging projects which you may tackle depending on your skills and interests.
For example you might:
- Implement and manage an Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) system
- Manage and process data using Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- Manage engineering challenges around the moving and processing of significant amounts of data
- Work with Data Scientists to improve toolchains and infrastructure
- Interact with AWS and BigQuery using our proprietary purpose-built infrastructure
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody with a Computer Science or Software Engineering bachelor degree (or higher). Experience with a breadth of programming languages, a broad toolkit, the ability to thrive independently and a “get stuff done” attitude are important to us. Our backend codebase is C#, however you do not need to be a C# expert; you just need to be the type of engineer that wants to quickly learn new languages and can work within an existing codebase.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience with SQL
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and collaboration skills
- Experience in or willingness to mentor team members, review code and contribute to implementing good engineering practices
- Familiarity with marketing attribution pipelines and concepts
- Familiarity with GA 360 BigQuery exports
- Experience with AWS S3 and EC2
- Experience with C#
- Experience conceiving, developing and testing hypotheses in A/B testing environments
You must be based in Melbourne. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. The company has 40 staff based in Melbourne and is growing. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Check out our company blog or visit our press page to find out what we are busy building.
Pay and Perks
Expected pay is commensurate with your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and easy access to nearby restaurants, cafes, bars and the train station.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role