Rome2rio is on a mission to be the go-to resource for getting from A to B anywhere in the world. Rome2rio currently serves 14M monthly visitors and is highly focussed on developing the market for our globally recognised product.
The Digital Marketing Manager role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with our engineering and data science teams to shape and optimise our current global marketing channels and develop new ones. We have a strong data-driven culture in digital marketing and use sophisticated modelling to evaluate outcomes of strategic execution.
This wide-ranging role, reporting to the COO, includes a core focus on search marketing with the opportunity to develop content, email and social strategies to achieve business objectives.
Our ideal candidate has had deep experience in organic and paid search–as well as broad experience with other digital marketing channels–for a very large (15M+ URLs), consumer-focused web platform servicing multiple countries and languages and would like to make an impact in a generalist role as part of a small, data-centric product development team.
You know Google Analytics inside out and are comfortable consulting with and advising engineers, developers, and data scientists on best practice digital marketing strategy and have experience with factoring marketing tasks into a busy development sprint cycle.
Experience in travel is highly desirable, as is an understanding of the dynamic and shifting startup environment. We expect you to be committed to continuous learning and look for ways to build your skills via formal and informal learning. You are a keen industry researcher and keep up to date on the latest thinking across SEO, SEM and other marketing channels.
The key responsibilities include:
SEO Strategy & Management
- Providing best practice insights and recommendations to assist the overall SEO strategy for an enterprise-level site with an international presence.
- Preparing and communicating research into competitors and their SEO strategy.
- Actioning audit actions from tools such as Moz, ahrefs, Google Search Console, and SEMrush.
- Identify focus areas for on-site improvements such as site structure, internal linking, and content.
- Devising and implementing a scalable link-building strategy, with a focus on relevant, high-authority backlinks.
SEM Strategy & Management
- Conducting competitor and market research to uncover new opportunities for growth and performance.
- Testing, validating and implementing SEM copy strategies in partnership with our data science and editorial teams.
- Regularly auditing Google Ads accounts to uncover new opportunities for growth and performance.
- Maintaining our relationship with our Google account managers to gain insights into new products and opportunities.
Skills and Requirements
- 5 + years experience in a consumer-focussed digital marketing role. This could be in an agency, startup or other digitally focussed business.
- Extensive SEO and SEM experience, particularly at the enterprise level. You have a sophisticated understanding of SEO and what Google looks like in 2019
- In-depth knowledge of Google Ads, including how to effectively manage an MCC with multiple accounts and targeting multiple languages; how to conduct competitor and market research, including finding new, untapped search markets, and other opportunities for growth.
- Experience with the Google Marketing Suite including Search Console, Ads Editor and Google Analytics. Experience with Google Analytics 360 is a bonus.
- A demonstrated ability to craft creative and scalable link-building strategies. You have experience with automated outreach tools, such as Pitchbox. You don’t just rely on outreach, guest-blogging, and Skyscraper tactics, but can productionise how a site naturally accrues links.
- Able to identify content gaps and devise solutions that are viable and can be scaled across Rome2rio. You may not be an expert in content marketing but you are familiar with tools and techniques for creating a strategy and scaling production.
- Experience with MailChimp or similar enterprise email platform.
- A passion to get things done; you’ll be comfortable across strategy and tactical execution.
- The ability and enthusiasm to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, while still maintaining the capacity for self-direction with little supervision.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry and driving to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay & Perks
Expected pay is dependent on your skills and experience. Rome2rio also offers a suite of benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role