About the job
Rome2rio has a vision to be the world’s trusted companion for planning travel. As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new and exciting ways.
Currently, we have an average user base of ~30mn visitors/month coming to us from across the globe. Users engage with Rome2rio to find the option they want to travel with, book their tickets, and book their accommodation.
Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different tools and to make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a FrontEnd Developers to join our growing team in Melbourne
About the FrontEnd Dev roles at Rome2rio
In this team, we collaborate and own the product outcomes together, we strive to improve the APIs, websites and the way we work, constantly. We have data scientists, software engineers, designers and product managers all working together.
We take ownership of what we do and how we do it. We have a career framework and help you progress and you can try work in different teams, making different parts of the product better.
We believe talented developers are ever inquisitive, learning new tricks with CSS, JS frameworks and TypeScript. We love working with developers who know that coding is a team sport and that it’s OK to make mistakes as long as we fix them and learn from them, that’s part of being inquisitive.
Impact you will make
- Build a user experience that helps people explore travel options, plan travel and then book the trip.
- Work on improvements to the UX, that we can measure with analytics and other means, so we can have confidence we are helping more people.
- Continuously learn from what we do and improve how we work, so we can try more ideas and create a better product sooner.
A bit about you
- Fundamentally, we are looking for people who are able to learn as they go and can be open to respectfully discussing ideas from their teammates whether it agrees or is different from their own.
- You see the bigger picture of the user journey and put yourself in the users’ shoes and have a passion for making things clear, simple and accessible.
It’s great if you bring, or would like to improve on
- A good understanding of CSS, responsive design and accessibility standards.
- React, React Hooks
- Understand of and interest in TypeScript
- Functional programming in React and pure functions for operating on data structures.
- A desire and experience in sharing what you know.
We are open to this role being remote. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.
If you are interested, let us know! Apply here.