Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel search and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel planning tools used around the world.
Who we’re looking for:
Rome2rio is on a mission to be the go-to resource for getting from A to B anywhere in the world, and we are looking to bring on an SEM Manager to help us achieve this.
We currently serve 18M+ monthly visitors and are highly focussed on developing the market for our globally recognised product. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and optimise our global marketing channels.
Rome2rio has a strong data-driven culture in digital marketing and uses sophisticated modelling to evaluate outcomes for strategic execution. This role will have a strong focus on SEM and search marketing. We are looking for someone who would like to make an impact in a data-centric product development team
You ideally have the following:
- Strong hands on technical experience with SEM at scale, or strategic insight into how to approach at scale
- Broad experience with other digital marketing channels–for a very large (15M+ URLs), consumer-focused web platform
- Deep experience in paid search and customer segmentation
- Know Google Analytics inside out and are comfortable consulting with and advising engineers, developers, and data scientists on best practice digital marketing strategy
- Experience in and an understanding of the dynamic and shifting startup environment
- Be a keen industry researcher and keep up to date on the latest thinking across SEM and other marketing channels
The key responsibilities include:
SEM Strategy & Management
- Conducting competitor and market research to uncover new opportunities for growth and performance
- Testing, validating and implementing SEM copy strategies in partnership with our data science teams
- Regularly auditing Google Ads accounts to uncover new opportunities for growth and performance
- Maintaining our relationship with our Google account managers
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years experience in a consumer-focussed digital marketing role, in an agency, startup or other digitally focussed business
- You have a sophisticated understanding of SEM at the enterprise level and what Google looks like in 2020
- In-depth knowledge of Google Ads, including how to effectively manage an MCC with multiple accounts and targeting multiple languages;
- Experience with the Google Marketing Suite including Search Console, Ads Editor and Google Analytics
Most importantly the team at Rome2rio is a collaborative bunch and we welcome people with a passion to get things done and enthusiastically work with a multidisciplinary team.
Rome2rio proudly succeeds through diversity and inclusion. We encourage all suitable candidates for this role to apply without hesitation
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team of 33 bring experience from companies such as Microsoft, Viator, Etsy, Google, Amazon, Hubspot, Lonely Planet, American Express, Intrepid Travel and 99 Designs.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role!