Rome2rio has a vision to be the world’s trusted companion for planning travel. As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new and exciting ways.
Currently, we have an average user base of ~30mn visitors/month coming to us from across the globe. Users engage with Rome2rio to find the option they want to travel with, book their tickets, and book their accommodation.
Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different tools and to make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team in Melbourne
About the Senior Product Designer role
This opportunity will see you working with an engaged cross-functional team that is passionate about our product. You will have space to work with autonomy while influencing the design direction of our product. You’ll have flexibility when and where you work, focus on outcomes over output, and an environment where your input is valued.
In this role you’ll get to
- Have ownership over projects and contribute strategically
- Solve complex UX challenges using interaction design and prototyping tools
- Be part of a cross functional team designing user focused solutions, while also having an impact outside of your pod
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers in ideating new products and services
- Work closely with the broader team to plan research, gather and analyse insights, and incorporate findings into low and high fidelity designs
- Contribute to a living design system used by millions of people across the globe
A bit about you
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or similar
- You value UI excellence and lead by example
- You’re a human-centered problem solver, curious about how people are interacting with our product
- You use insights to inform your designs and make decisions based on the impact to people and the business
- You’re a great communicator, happy to share your work and mentor teammates
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks paid annual leave per year (prorated for part time employees)
- Paid parental leave of 10 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- Access to an annual $3,000 learning and development budget after successful completion of your 6 month probationary period
- A biennial travel fund of $2,000 towards international and domestic flights after your first anniversary of continuous employment with Rome2rio (prorated for part time employees)
- A biennial transport fund of $1,000 for transit expenses outside of Victoria (prorated for part time employees)
- A yearly contribution of $295 towards your health and wellbeing
- Full and free access to a professional external Employee Assistance Program service for employees and their immediate family
- A hybrid work environment with freedom to mix remote and office working day-to-day, along with a one-off $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- Work from anywhere for up to 30 days per year
- Flexible working hours and a casual office space to work from when it suits you, where the team meets for team activities, celebrations and fortnightly lunches
- No closure period, take holidays when you want them
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you. Apply here today!