About the role
It’s an exciting time to join Rome2rio! Our vision is to be the world’s trusted companion for planning travel and we are implementing an ambitious 3-year strategy to help get us there.
Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different tools and to make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip. Users engage with Rome2rio to find the option they want to travel with, book their tickets, and book their accommodation.
We need an experienced Senior Sales Manager to play a key role in our missions success and join us on this growth journey. This newly created role offers opportunities to influence the revenue strategy of a scaling tech startup that engages monthly with 30 million people around the globe.
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial in Australia, you will be responsible for growing retaining and maintaining client relationships, a solid pipeline, and all advertising revenue for the European region including UK.
In this role you’ll get to
You will be responsible for the European region and UK market both domestically and outbound. As a data-driven problem-solver you will answer our partners needs through campaign development and delivery. A consultative sales approach, with appropriate understanding of their KPIs and attribution will help you pre and post sales.
As the primary day-to-day contact for our partners and media planners/buyers this role is ultimately responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in relation to our advertising offerings.
Existing relationships with Tourism Boards, Government entities and travel partners in the Government and private sector along with a strong understanding of representative media/advertising agencies .
Who we’re looking for
As a hybrid role you will have past experience with account management, prospecting, negotiation, and will possess strong analytical and communication skills with proven experience in exceeding sales quotas.
This is a fully remote role, and as such we are seeking an ambitious and autonomous manager. Other attributes and experience that would help you be successful in this role include:
- 10+ years of related experience as this is a management level role
- A deep understanding of the online display environment, programmatic and direct is essential
- Must have experience with new customer acquisition, business development, and partner management
- Exceptional written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills
- Autonomous in nature and able to self manage, with an entrepreneurial mind set, and the capability to build solid reporting
- European region wide experience, and relationships, with strong negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with analytics, creative, marketing, and legal teams, internally and externally will be required
- Organisation, and prioritisation under pressure are a must in this role, with a capacity to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential and a second/tertiary European language would be advantageous as you will be responsible for all domestic and outbound European markets
Skills we’re interested in
It would be great if you brought experience or a willingness to learn the following:
Experience with online advertising in the travel/tourism sector
How we work
We value diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
Alongside building a great consumer focussed product, working with a talented team and attractive salaries, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including generous individual learning & development budgets, extensive travel benefits, five weeks annual leave and lots more!
We are of a people first mindset and ensure our top priority is the engagement of our people. We want to hear from like minded people who get satisfaction from solving complex user problems and working in a highly collaborative team.
Interested? Apply HERE