As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new ways. We are adding to our product to provide a more complete, connected and contextually relevant experience, and have big plans to become the world’s trusted companion for planning travel!
To help deliver on this vision we are building a new team to guide us through the implementation of SRE principles and modernisation of our platform.
About the Junior SRE Role
As a Junior Site Reliability Engineer in the platform team in Melbourne you will have a great opportunity to learn more about SRE principles, AWS best practices and change management as we design the future of Rome2Rio’s infrastructure and cloud architecture.
We don’t require any SRE / DevOps experience for this role.
You will have support and mentoring from our SRE and Engineering leads as you begin your SRE journey.
What you’ll be working on
- Assisting in the implementation of new infrastructure / Cloud architectures
- Pairing with other team members to maintain (and in future decommission) legacy systems and assets
- Helping build and support developer services, tooling and improving the developer experience
- Researching different potential solutions and presenting the findings to the team
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Experience or willingness to work in a team
- Good coding skills (any language is fine)
- Git version control and standard development flow
- Ability to perform basic tasks on the Linux terminal and Windows
Let us know if you have experience in any of the following:
- SRE / DevOps related tools and patterns
- Docker and virtualization in general
- Windows server / Active Directory management / Traditional SysAdmin
- Other cool tech things you may have done
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
As we meet in person from time to time, you need to be based in Victoria, Australia. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights.
As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.
If you are interested, let us know! Apply here